Daily Spirit & Word, 473: Be Strong and Courageous.
“Be strong and of a good courage.” Joshua 1:18
Good morning my friends, it seems strange to me that the LORD would need to keep encouraging Joshua to be “Strong and of good courage”, because of all the people in the Nation of Israel, Joshua was probably one of the most courageous and strongest. Perhaps the LORD knew Joshua better than we do and outward appearances were not the same as his heart condition. Just look at how many times the LORD encouraged Joshua to be; STRONG and COURAGEOUS.
Joshua 1:5-9 “No-one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 “Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
“Be Strong and very courageous” Joshua 1:7.
God knows each one of us intimately and what our fears and anxieties are, He knew Joshua better than he knew himself, but note the power of Joshua’s life, it was because he chose to spend time alone with God. Even after Moses had left the tent of meeting, Joshua remained in the tent with the Lord.
- The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear?
- The Lord is the strength of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?
- He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
- Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
- but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
- they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
- they shall run, and not be weary;
- and they shall walk, and not faint. —
- My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
- If God be for us, who can be against us? —
- The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? —
- Through thee will we push down our enemies: through thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us. —
- We are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
- Arise therefore, and be doing, and the Lord be with thee.
Acts 4:13. Psalm 27:1. Isaiah 40:29-31. Psalm 73:26. Romans 8:31. Psalm 118:6. Psalm 44:5. Romans 8:37. 1 Chronicles 22:16.
My friends, there’s just one more verse from the Bible to share with you today, note that the Apostles were transformed and very courageous, but take note of why: Acts 4:13 (NIV) “When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realised that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.”
Joshua was very strong and courageous.
Peter and John were courageous.
Moses, Gideon, David, Elijah, Paul, James, Stephen; were all courageous.
Because they spent TIME with the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
And God was with them.
Now, let’s get alone with Jesus and talk with Him, be with Jesus, soak in His Word, read and meditate upon His Word, pray to Jesus about your day, be strengthened and encouraged, be strong and courageous.
Then you too will be very strong and courageous and the world will be ASTONISHED.
“For the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
He’s with you to the end my friends.
I hope your Saturday is filled with great things from the LORD today.
Be Strong and Courageous.